About this NPA
The Employment and Industrial Relations National Practice Area (NPA) comprises of civil and criminal matters arising under the Fair Work jurisdiction and related legislation including:
- workplace-related applications
- writs of mandamus or prohibition
- matters transferred or appealed from the Federal Circuit Court, other Courts or the Fair Work Commission.
- 18 Apr 2019:
Australian Rail, Tram and Bus Industry Union, NSW Branch v Metro Trains Sydney Pty Ltd  FCA 546
INDUSTRIAL LAW - termination of employment - interlocutory application for reinstatement
Judge: Robertson J
- 15 Apr 2019:
Australian Building and Construction Commissioner v Ravbar (No 2)  FCA 522
INDUSTRIAL LAW - penalties to be imposed for contraventions of s 343 of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) - whether two penalties or two penalties with a notional maximum of one should be imposed on the Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union (CFMMEU) for the contraventions of s 343 based on the conduct of the first and third…
Judge: Reeves J
- 12 Apr 2019:
Tomvald v Toll Transport Pty Ltd (No 2)  FCA 510
PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE - application of r 16.51(4) of the Federal Court Rules 2011 (Cth) - where leave required to file amended concise statement - held: leave granted to amend concise statement
Judge: Bromwich J
Form & Rules
The key forms and rules for commencing proceedings are:
- Commencing an originating application alleging dismissal in contravention of a general protection proceeding:
- Commencing application for a writ of mandamus, prohibition or injunction under section 39B of the Judiciary Act 1903 (Cth) must file:
To stay up-to-date with news in the Federal Court, including developments in this NPA, subscribe to our email subscription services.
We provide subscriptions to the latest judgments and events (by NPA); Practice News to keep up-to-date with changes to practice and procedure; and Daily Court Listings.