Corporate Plan 2020-2021
To ensure we achieve our stated purpose, we will build and maintain our capability over the four years of this plan by focussing on the following themes:
- Implement the expansion of the Federal Court’s jurisdiction in respect of corporate crimes.
- Implement the National Native Title Tribunal’s possible expanded function in respect of dispute resolution (subject to legislation).
- Harmonise family law rules, forms, practices and procedures.
- Improve family law case management pathways.
- Deliver a national structure for family law registrars and family consultants.
- Restructure service delivery to streamline and maximise services provided to our clients.
- Leverage and scale the National Enquiry Centre.
- Deliver services via a range of locations throughout Australia, including regional and remote.
- Aspire to be innovative and commit to a culture of continuous improvement and organisational reform.
- Implement and maintain strong governance arrangements to ensure we are accountable, open, collaborative and responsive.
- Achieve financial sustainability by realising further savings in an effort to achieve a balanced budget.
- Invest in leadership and management to ensure our leaders are responsible, visible, respected and trusted.
- Commit to workforce planning and capability actions as a direct result of COVID-19 learnings and recovery.
- Transform our business through digitisation and other modern service reforms, with a focus on ongoing reforms as a result of COVID-19 learnings.
- Increase our Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) capability and align our ICT strategies to whole of government initiatives.
- Implement agile systems and processes with the capacity to navigate and respond to change.
- Standardise systems and processes that allow us to rapidly respond to client needs.
- Invest in our people to deliver the best outcomes and support a strong and respectful organisational culture.
- Develop and maintain a robust and dynamic workforce-planning model consistent with the APS workforce strategy.
- Maintain support for ongoing learning and performance development.
- Build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Form positive and influential relationships with our stakeholders to support better outcomes for the Australian people.