Your use of the following websites:
- affect or reduce any obligation that the Federal Court of Australia (the Court) or any other Commonwealth agency owes you; or
- does not reduce any obligation you owe to the Court or any other Commonwealth agency.
The material on this website is for general information only and is provided on the understanding that neither the Court nor the Commonwealth of Australia (Commonwealth) is providing professional advice. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material provided for accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for the purpose for which it is to be used. This website is not a substitute for independent professional advice. You should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
Some material on this website may incorporate or summarise views, guidelines or recommendations of third parties. Such material is assembled in good faith, but does not necessarily reflect the considered views of the Court, the Commonwealth or any Commonwealth agency or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.
Links to other websites are inserted for your convenience and are not an endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.
The Court strives to protect information you provide on this website. The Court will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that this website and your information are not compromised. However, it cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter this website. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
The Court recommends that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by the information you send to or via this website, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond the Court’s control, the Court cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. The Court will, however, do its best to help you if it can.
Where connection to a system or website outside the Court’s control compromises the objectives of this website, the Court may sever links to that system or website.
This disclaimer does not apply to information obtained through the Court’s Federal Law Search facility for the purposes of:
- a search in relation to a bankruptcy notice as required by rule 4.04 of the Federal Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016 and rule 4.04 of the Federal Circuit Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016;
- a search of the Register of Caveats Against Arrest as required by rule 39 and form 13 of the Admiralty Rules 1988;
- a search of the Register of Caveats Against Release as required by rules 51 and 52 and forms 18 and 19 of the Admiralty Rules 1988.
Updated April 2013