About this NPA
The Employment and Industrial Relations National Practice Area (NPA) comprises of civil and criminal matters arising under the Fair Work jurisdiction and related legislation including:
- workplace-related applications
- writs of mandamus or prohibition
- matters transferred or appealed from the Federal Circuit Court, other Courts or the Fair Work Commission.
- 20 Jun 2019:
Zaghloul v Woodside Energy Limited (No 8)  FCA 971
Judge: McKerracher J
- 20 Jun 2019:
Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union v DP World Sydney Ltd  FCAFC 99
INDUSTRIAL LAW - protected action ballot - application for the extension of time under s 443(5) of the Fair Work Act for the giving of notice of the taking of industrial action - was the decision of the Full Bench of the Fair Work Commission subject to jurisdictional error -whether the Deputy President had exercised discretion upon finding…
Judge: Rares, Jagot and Bromwich JJ
- 19 Jun 2019:
Martin v Norton Rose Fulbright Australia  FCA 967
PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE - application for adjournment of pre-trial case management hearing - where adjournment previously granted - where applicant advised that further applications must be supported by evidence - adjournment refused
Judge: Kerr J
Latest Speeches & Papers
- 31 May 2018:
What will the Australian Competition Tribunal do now without Limited Merits Review?
Presented to the Federal Court by Justice Middleton
Form & Rules
The key forms and rules for commencing proceedings are:
- Commencing an originating application alleging dismissal in contravention of a general protection proceeding:
- Commencing application for a writ of mandamus, prohibition or injunction under section 39B of the Judiciary Act 1903 (Cth) must file:
To stay up-to-date with news in the Federal Court, including developments in this NPA, subscribe to our email subscription services.
We provide subscriptions to the latest judgments and events (by NPA); Practice News to keep up-to-date with changes to practice and procedure; and Daily Court Listings.