Administrative Notice WA 1
This Administrative Notice is REVOKED
There will no longer be any administrative state-based notices.
To assist Court users to understand the changes to the practice documents, the Court has prepared:
Western Australia District Registry
1. The Federal Court (Corporations) Rules 2000 apply to proceedings under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) and associated legislation.
2. Corporations matters will ordinarily be listed for a return date before a Registrar at 10.15 am in Hearing Room 6.1, Level 6, Commonwealth Law Courts Building, 1 Victoria Avenue, Perth on the first and third Tuesday and on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month (“Corporations Days”). Alternative initial return dates in urgent or other cases may be arranged with the Registry.
3. If one of the parties desires a matter to go before a Judge in the first instance, or if that is appropriate in any event, it may be so listed initially or referred to a Judge by a Registrar.
4. The presiding Registrar will deal with the matters on Corporations Days in the order appearing in the list. Any matter requiring argument or which is being opposed will normally be dealt with after the calling over of the list.
5. Practitioners are reminded that appearance before the Federal Court (including a Registrar’s list) should not be by articled clerks or any other persons having no right of audience under the Judiciary Act 1903 unless leave of the Court is first obtained.
25 September 2009