Administrative Notice QLD 7
This Administrative Notice is REVOKED
There will no longer be any administrative state-based notices.
To assist Court users to understand the changes to the practice documents, the Court has prepared:
Applications concerning schemes of arrangement under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
Queensland District Registry
1. This notice advises the profession of the administrative arrangements in the Queensland District Registry of the Court for the handling of all applications relating to schemes of arrangement under Part 5.1 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (the “Act”).
2. All matters concerning schemes of arrangement will be assigned to either Dowsett J or Greenwood J. The matters will be assigned in rotation.
3. Solicitors acting for a proposed applicant should contact the Registry (Ms Katie Lynch) to discuss preferred dates of listing for the first hearing required by the Act. The Registry will liaise with the Chambers of the Judge to whom the proposed matter will be allocated so as to obtain a date of listing for the application. Once the matter is listed before either Dowsett J or Greenwood J, the solicitors for the applicant and other interested parties to the proceeding may direct enquiries as to further applications to the Associate to the Judge. Enquiries concerning these matters should at the outset be directed to:
Ms Katie Lynch
Deputy District Registrar: (07) 3248 1203
4. In the unlikely event that both Dowsett J and Greenwood J are unavailable on a proposed date for the first hearing required by the Act, enquiries will be made to determine whether the Judge to whom the matter will be allocated is able to identify an alternative date as close as possible to the proposed date for the first hearing.
5. Applications are to be filed in the Registry in the usual way once a return date for the application has been determined in discussion with the solicitors and the Judge.
6. Urgency concerning such matters may make it necessary for members of the profession to approach the Judge’s Chambers directly in order to obtain a return date or address other aspects of the proceeding. In such instances, contact can be made to the Judge’s Associate. The contact telephone numbers for the Judges’ Associates are:
Associate: (07) 3248 1131
Associate: (07) 3248 1151
8 October 2014